Re: delete a database

  • From: Wayne Smith <wts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian Zelli <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:53:36 -0400

If you're talking database and not Oracle home, then I'd want to be sure
that the 10g files are not now being used in your 11g database.  We don't
know enough from what you've given except to say "don't" until you're
sure.  Then simple erase of appropriate files or DBCA should do the trick.
If you use ASM or RAC, I plead ignorance.

If you're talking the 10g home, and nothing else uses the home (other
databases, a listener), then I'd use OUI to remove it, so that the
oraInventory is kept accurate

Cheers, Wayne
On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote