RE: ** default in sql loader

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:44:04 -0400

Joshi,

It is actually working as it is supposed to work.  The default value is only
included if the column is not used in the insert statement.

For Sql*Loader purposes, I would use a nvl function in the sql*loader
control file to load the value you need.  The control file would look
something like:

Col_name terminated by "," "nvl(:Col_name,'YOUR VALUE')"

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional