Re: dedicated/shared server mode

  • From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Li-Shan Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:48:10 +0530

than cheng. You are right i can check if the system supports shared server
or not but my main question is to find the mode(shared/dedicated) for the
database. Say DB1 is up and running and i just have to decide the mode of
the database is the db is in :

1) archive /no archive log mode -- quite easy to check and i have
*2) dedicated/shared --- confused  for how to check this one*

This was the output when i checked V$SHARED_SERVER view

SQL> select * from v$shared_server
  2  ;

NAME PADDR    STATUS             MESSAGES      BYTES     BREAKS CIRCUIT
      IDLE       BUSY   REQUESTS
S000 1620F4BC WAIT(COMMON)              0          0          0 00
    711597          0          0

However other two did not returned any rows.