decrease shared_pool size when creating large_pool

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-db-l" <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:16:53 -0500

I am looking at activating "shared servers" in one of our 9i instances.
I am looking at an old document I have from when did this in 8i in 2004.
 At that time, we decreased the size of the shared_pool when we created
the large pool.

I can not find anything on ML to explain why I would have done this?
Do normal non-dedicated connections also use the large pool instead of
the shared_pool for some storage?  Any other ideas why the shared pool
would have been cut in size?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113