dbms_stat.set_param('trace','3166')

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:51:25 -0500

I was having a couple sidebars with some folks here and thought to share
what I have learned. Apologies to those who already know this.

'TRACE' is a bitmask or flags and can be set to any combination of the
levels below.
Warning: Not documented; meant for bug diagnosis and the meanings and
output can change in the future.  For example, some of the highest levels
are only available in 10gR2.

1 = use dbms_output.put_line instead of writing into trace file
2 = enable dbms_stat trace only at session level
4 = trace table stats
8 = trace index stats
16 = trace column stats
32 = trace auto stats
64 = trace scaling
128 = dump backtrace on error
256 = dubious stats detection
512 = auto stats job
1024 = parallel execution tracing
2048 = print query before execution
4096 = partition prune tracing
8192 = trace stat differences

Therefore, TRACE 3166 = 2048 + 1024 + 64 + 16 + 8 + 4 + 2.

I thought it interesting that "dubious" trace 256 slipped past the editors. =)

--
Charles Schultz