Re: dbms_stats result ora-600

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:03:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Malden,

  Since this is a published bug all you have to enter the bug number in the box
  (Knowledge Base, Forum, or Bug ID) and click on bugs and you should be able
to view the bug report.
  The workaround is mentioned in the bug report.

  No magic...

  HTH,
  Fairlie

Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/23/2006 10:02:34 PM, fairlie rego wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From the information you have provided it appears to be bug 2252824
> but I might be able to confirm if you send me the trace file.
> Set _enable_type_dep_selectivity to true and see if it helps.
>
> Regards,
> Fairlie

Fairlie, I know you hare experienced guy and I'm already used to your
magic, but I need a bit of explanation for this. For the bug you listed
Metalink says the following:

Click here for details of sections in this note.
Bug 2252824 ANALYZE TABLE with COLUMN STATISTICS may OERI:16515 or not collect
statistics
This note gives a brief overview of bug 2252824.
Affects:

Product (Component) Oracle Server (RDBMS)
Range of versions believed to be affected Versions < 10G
Versions confirmed as being affected

* 8.1.7.4
* 9.0.1.3
* 9.2.0.1

Platforms affected Generic (all / most platforms affected)

Fixed:

This issue is fixed in

* 9.0.1.4 (Server Patch Set)
* 9.2.0.2 (Server Patch Set)
* 10G Production Base Release

Symptoms:

* Internal Error may occur (ORA-600)
* ORA-600 [16515]

Related To:

* Optimizer

Description

Analyzing a table already having column statistics can signal an
ORA-600 [16515] or silently generate no statistics

Workaround:
Delete previous statistics and run analyze again.

What is the parameter you mention and why do you think it might help?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  Optus Telecommunications
  www.optus.com.au

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice