Re: dbms_metadata.set_transform_param 'PRETTY' option does not work

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:13:43 +0100

Hence the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I find that you tend to get prettier output by also excluding the other
details like storage clauses etc etc. More to the point since you are using
apps you can use eTRM for this sort of stuff. Your object should be at
https://etrm.oracle.com/pls/trm11510/etrm_fndnav.show_object?n_appid=200&n_tabid=15095&c_type=VIEW
(metalink login required) and if I've got the version wrong you can use
http://etrm.oracle.com/pls/etrm/etrm_search.search .

cheers

Niall

On 5/10/07, Binh Pham <binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I issue these statements:

SQL> execute
DBMS_METADATA.SET_TRANSFORM_PARAM(DBMS_METADATA.SESSION_TRANSFORM,'PRETTY',true);

SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('VIEW','AP_TAX_LINES_SUMMARY_V','APPS')
from dual

The output does not look PRETTY at all.

Does it only work with certain object types?  This is the description of
the option:

PRETTY (all objects) - If TRUE, format the output with indentation and
line feeds.
Defaults to TRUE.

Thanks.

Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live
Hotmail.<http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2734??PS=47575>--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info