Re: dblink hangs

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:02:33 -0700

Since Create table works , i suggest you use the COPY command with INSERT; Use
reasonable arraysize ; Since COPY commits every arraysize rows it might offer
some insight into the nature of problem.

HTH

GovindanK

On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:51:47 +0800, "Yongping Yao" <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx> said:

  Hi all,
  We have a [1]10.2.0.1 SvrA and 9204 SvrB
  Now on SvrA we run : Create table test as select * from test1@SvrB;
  with 100K rows records, it completes in several minutes.
  But if we use INSERT INTO test select * from test1@SvrB;
  it will hang for days.
  I selected v$session_wait. In SvrA it's waiting for "SQL*NET more data from
dblink". In SvrB, it's waiting for "SQL*NET more message from client". The
network is OK. No package loss and the latency is about 0.1ms.
  We met this situation before between two 9204 too.
  Can someone explain it? Thx in advance
  --
  Yao Yongping
  Learning Oracle, UNIX/Linux...