Re: dba_mview_keys

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 15:46:35 -0700

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Currently 10.2.0.5 Linux_64. (I mentioned it in the original email. I
> swear!)

So you did, sorry, my mistake.

> I believe the bug was discovered when we were on 10.2.0.3.

The bug I am familiar with is from 9i - bug 2639679

Looking the doc for it it says it is an 8i bug, but in 9.2.0.8 it
was still a problem for me, at least according to the procedure
I wrote to deal with it.

> Fast refresh isn’t necessary to solve the immediate error condition but it
> is necessary because the set of materialized view maintenance accounts for
> >70% of the database I/O.  There is no archiving strategy.  We are
> maintaining summary of large amounts of completely static data.  The
> database is in a data guard environment so it is also clogging up the
> network.

You may already know about this, but make sure you create
an index on the SNAPTIME$$ column on the MV Log tables.

I think this is still necessary in 10g.

Failure to do so generates a lot of unnecessary IO.
There's a support note about it somewhere, but I can't
find it at the moment.

> So, does anybody know what is up with dba_mview_keys?  J

Sorry, I've never looked at that issue.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com