Re: dba mentor

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 15:28:47 +0200

Well, and it is true, is it not? I mean almost. I mean practically almost. I mean kind of close. I mean not at all. ;-)

Am 05.10.2018 um 15:00 schrieb (Redacted sender Jay.Miller for DMARC):

Larry Ellison said the same thing about Oracle 8.

I remember an Oracle sales rep saying at a user group meeting that with Oracle 8 there is no more need for SQL Tuning, the optimizer will handle everything. The entire room burst out laughing.

I also remember the Gartner group claiming that programmers would be obsolete by the end of the 1990s.

As the environment and applications become more complex we seem to have more DBA work, not less.

Jay Miller

Sr. Oracle DBA

201.369.8355