Re: dba_extents view in Oracle 10.2.0.2

  • From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:56:41 +0800

On 6/24/06, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Everybody:

Has anyone experienced performance issues with dba_extents view (bug
5029334)? I was told by Oracle that
the workaround is to create a new view and use it instead of dba_extents.
When I asked whether I can just recreate
the dba_extents view I was told that the results can be far reaching and
should be fully tested. I interpret that as
Oracle does not really know what the results are.  I wanted to see if
anyone has hit this bug and what did you do.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Is there any particular urge to be querying DBA_EXTENTS with any great
frequency anyway ?

-- Connor McDonald =========================== email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"