RE: db_recovery_file_dest_size

  • From: "Michael Fontana" <mfontana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Allen, Brandon'" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:19:27 -0600 (CST)

  _____

From: Allen, Brandon [mailto:Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 2:36 PM
To: mfontana@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: db_recovery_file_dest_size

I forgot to mention another option - just don't use the flash recovery
area at all.

I agree, but then there's this dogma, written in the manual:

"Use of the flash recovery area is strongly recommended."

I have no problem using it, and I can certainly code the size value to an
ungodly number and move on, but that just reinforces my point about the
parameter's lack of purpose.  How about just making the size parameter
optional, instead of oracle generating an error if it's not set?