RE: db_recovery_file_dest_size

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:05:53 -0500

Jared, I cringed when I saw your sentence advocating virtualization to
address this problem.   In my experience putting Oracle on a virtual
server is a cure worse than the disease, at least where Xen and VMware
are concerned.  They are great for test / dev / qa systems, as long as
the performance equation is ignored :-)  Come to think if it, this
applies to MS SQL Server and MySQL as well.   If performance is
important, or at least consistent performance is required,
virtualization with Vmware or Xen supporting databases on either Linux
or Windows has been a colossal disappointment for me.