Re: db migration from linux to linux

  • From: Svetoslav Gyurov <softice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 00:40:54 +0100

Hi Prabhu,
Well, can't say much with the given facts, but how long you can afford
database to be down ? It's the same platform so RMAN would be the best, but
there could be another reason(s) for using datapump for instance. Anyway,
if the server is running with some shared storage, why not just detach the
LUNs from old server and attach them to the new one ?

Another great option would be to configure physical standby and then at
some point just initiate switchover ? Flexible and elegant solution, which
requires minimal downtime and you still have the "go back" option.

Regards,
Sve

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Prabhu Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx