Re: db file sequential/scattered read - physical or logical io or both?

  • From: Oracle Dba Wannabe <oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that if the same wait event is issued
regardless of a physical  or logical io request, how can I determine if the io
subsystem is returning blocks at s reasonable service time. Assuming an idle
system other than the report, would times under 5ms be cache hits and times
over be physical. Further anything over 10ms would be a bad service time ?
appreciate any input on this
Thanks