Re: db file parallel write

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:38:40 -0700

Well, I'm not a NetApp expert, but I do know that writes are
done to new blocks if possible.

When space is at a premium the NetApp must go looking for
space that can be cleaned up and reused, and spends its
time WAFLing about in the inode tables determining where
it can write.

There are some folks here that are more NetApp conversant than I,
and may chime in here on how to detect and correct this situation.

Jared