RE: db file parallel write

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:34:06 -0600

Sai
   I recall others on the list mentioning something similar with Netapp.
Something inherent in the Netapp design. I would google oracle-l netapp and
read the old threads.
   The other possibility is that you may be saturating the network
connection with a lot of small requests. I would recommend that you tap your
network engineer and have them look at what the wire is experiencing.
   My experience with Netapp has been positive overally but that you must be
careful not to overload the wire.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.