RE: db block size

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:47:29 -0400

This sounds like one of those "efficiencies on the edges" discussion.
Everybody makes great points.  But the real end result might be a gain in
efficiency by about a decimal of a percent.

Another great Oracle innovation that *may be* used in about 1% of the
installations.  My gut feeling is that Oracle is adding functionality that
not many of us would use.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional