dataguard switchover through oem

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:20:55 -0500

I am getting this error when doing a switchover through oem grid control:
ORA-16552: error occurred while generating directives for client

I find this in the alert log:

Process (ospid 15269954) is suspended due to switchover to physical standby
operation.

and sometimes:
ORA-16456: switchover to standby in progress or completed

which pointed me to a trace file that showed that the process running
actually belonged to the agent.

Research on MOS indicated that there was a known bug relating to stored
profiles.  However, select * from dba_profiles returned 0 rows, so I dont
think its related to that bug.

I can resolve the problem by manually shutting down and startup mount the
instance, but I really need for this operation to work going through oem.
Anyone have ideas?

Oracle 11.2.0.3, oem grid control 11g (though I dont think its a problem
with grid control per se).

--
Andrew W. Kerber