RE: dataguard , and datapump

  • From: "CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP)" <JC1706@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>, <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 00:22:13 -0500

Ditto on the "forced logging".

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harel Safra
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:32 PM
To: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dataguard , and datapump

Is the primary database running in force logging?
Where have you witnessed the missing objects? In the physical standby?
The logical one? Both?

Harel Safra

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM, ed lewis <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

    We currently are running dataguard with a physical ,

and logical standby database. When I try to import

a new schema into the primary database (using datapump),

it does not replicate properly to either standby database.

I don't get errors, but not all objects get copied over.

So, a complete refresh of the standbys is required to put

the environments in sync.

    Is this expected behavior ? I couldn't find anything on this issue.

    Switching gears, is there any way to disable archiving when doing

datapump imports, outside of disabling it on the database level ?

    thanks

        ed

solaris 10

oracle 10.2.0.4