RE: dataguard

  • From: "John P Weatherman" <asahoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:07:39 -0400

David,

I had a similar issue with Logical Standby about a month ago.  Ultimately,
Support told me to shut down the instance, bring it up and issue a "ALTER
DATABASE START LOGICAL STANDBY APPLY;".  You do not need to do the initial
again.  The initial apply, I was told, can "hang", I never got a
satisfactory answer for this.  However the restart did clear up the
problem.  Apparently the people who developed DataGuard are ex-Micro$oft
folks...

HtH,

John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA