Re: datafiles on NFS?

  • From: "Greg Norris" <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:21:58 -0500

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:34 AM, hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  If read that post correctly then Kevin seems to be
>  talking of NFS over a NAS box .
>  Whereas Greg is asking about NFS mounted filesystem by
>  a AIX server .
>
>  Am i right ?

Yes, this would have been NFS from another Unix box (most likely
Solaris) rather than NAS.  As it turns out, however, the issue is now
moot... the SysAdmin was apparently referring to the test environment,
but listed the production servers by mistake.  The application team
has since stated that it's not a problem to have test offline for the
duration, so we won't need to do this after all.

Nevertheless, I appreciate everyone's assistance! :)

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.