RE: datafile corruption??

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:52:47 -0400

Guys,

redolog errors appeared in alert.log and lgwr trace with "STALE" but =
"CURRENT" redo log group.  I did an alter system switch logfile which =
switch to a different online log and since there is a checkpoint then =
maybe things aren't so bad.

However, there is a dbwr trace with the following:

KCF: write/open error block=3D0x7d94 online=3D1
     file=3D14 /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf
     error=3D27063 txt: 'SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
Additional information: -1
Additional information: 4096'
Automatic datafile offline due to write error on
file 14: /u04/CSTAT/cstat_bidx01.dbf

Looks like a datafile (ndx) went offline due to I/O error.  However, is =
this a corruption error or something else?  Also, what is the quickest =
way to check the status on my other files - it has been a long time.

Thanks,
Paula