RE: database upgrade question

  • From: Brian Pardy <brianpa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:35:55 +0000

I did this same upgrade on our production system during scheduled downtime just
three days ago, though I was using an SAP Bundle Patch (SAP's repackaged
version of the regular PSU.)

To upgrade from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.3 with a PSU (not the latest PSU, but a
recent one) I first installed the 11.2.0.3 database home, then ran the opatch
portion of the PSU to patch the 11g software home. After that I copied and
adjusted the tnsnames.ora/listener.ora/sqlnet.ora files from the 10g database
home to 11g, ran the various pre-upgrade checks on the 10g database and then
ran the upgrade with DBUA.

After DBUA completed I started up the database from the 11g home and ran the
catbundle portions of the PSU, then followed up with the rest of my
post-upgrade tasks like updating dictionary and system statistics.

Everything has gone fine for us.

Good luck!