database restore question (Urgent!)

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:08:53 -0600

Hi list,

We need to do a point-in-time restore of one of our 9.2i databases to Monday 3
p.m.
The last two backups was performed Sunday night and Friday night and all the
archived logs are in the original place.
After 13 hours of tape restore, we found out one of the DLT tapes is bad. We
are able to find out which files are in this
tape and there are 36 datafiles on it.

My question: Can we restore those 36 files from Friday night's backup?

Thanks,
Roger Xu

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx