RE: database resource usage

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:01:11 -0500

Chris,

Could you adjust process priorities so that production always gets
higher priority over test/dev?  I forget what OS you're on, but if on
UNIX/Linux you could add a little logic to /etc/profile for adjusting
the priority.

Also, as far as tracking resource usage, I use Capacity Planner within
OEM.  Works great for tracking database and OS statistics, plus has the
capability for graphing stats within the tool, along with trending.

Dave

-------------------------------------

Dave Herring, DBA

Acxiom Corporation

3333 Finley

Downers Grove, IL 60515

wk: 630.944.4762

<mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx> >

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against
the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner