Re: database monitoring tools

  • From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wojciech.skrzynecki@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:25:38 +0100

Patrol KMs for Oracle are awful and require a lot of work to be usable (you
need to learn new language to write/modify KM - knowledge modules). Also,
support from BMC for Oracle KMs is far from being satisfactory. All IMHO.
The only case I might consider it is when Patrol is already used. Even
though we chose to use our own monitoring technic integrated with Patrol.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev