Re: database migration

  • From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haroon_a_qureshi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:29:21 -0800

If you are on Oracle 10gR2, it is more easily to convert the database across
platforms using RMAN. I have done this quite few times and succeeded.
Regards,

Jaffar

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html
Oracle ACE
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
OCP 8i,9i & 10g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
http://www.oracleracsig.org/)
I blog at
http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."