Re: database links and performance

  • From: tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:36:39 -0500 (EST)

Selects from a dblink are "ok" performance-wise ... we've donesome rudimentary
benchmarking and seen very slight performance hits by including dblink'ed tables
in joins.  Doing any sort of insert/update/delete over a dblink will be
a huge performance hit.

We've also seen bugs when using dblink'd tables in applications.  You cannot
get query rewrite to work on any MV built on a base table located over
a dblink.  (which kinda defeats the purpose of MVs in the first place).

boss