RE: data warehouse books

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:30:45 -0400

I found Bert Sclazo's book on data warehousing to be comprehensive and very
much inline with my own thoughts on the subject. He focuses on the technical
implementation within Oracle, unlike Kimball Inmon who talk theory at
100,000 foot level. Also Lillian Hobbs, who was responsible for Oracle's
materialized view implementation, came out with an updated 10g data
warehousing book. I read her 8i one and it was well worth it.

Here are the bookpool links.

http://www.bookpool.com/ss?qs=ISBN-10%3A+0130325848+

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1555583229

Ken