RE: data warehouse books

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:10:03 -0500

I think that entirely depends on what role(s) you are going to fill on
the project.

For design:

http://www.amazon.com/Data-Warehouse-Toolkit-Complete-Dimensional/dp/047
1200247/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2945007-8434363?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=11937639
48&sr=8-1

For data warehousing in an Oracle database:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14223/toc.htm

For ETL:

http://www.amazon.com/Data-Warehouse-ETL-Toolkit-Techniques/dp/076456757
8/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/104-2945007-8434363

For Master Data Management:

Hmm...not sure

For project management:

Possibly:
http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-Data-Warehouse-Situations-Addison-Wesle
y/dp/0201760339/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2945007-8434363?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=
1193764093&sr=1-1

I'd also look into getting a membership with TDWI.org.  You'll get
access to a number of white papers that I'm sure would prove to be very
useful.

Will you be making use of OLAP?  Good luck on trying to learn how to do
anything outside of the box with Oracle OLAP.