data pump import question

  • From: "Sweetser, Joe" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:29:42 -0700

Greetings all,

Oracle 10.2.0.2
RedHat Linux AS5 (kernel 2.6.18)

I have a job that uses data pump to export from production and import
into development.  One schema always gets 3 errors like the following
when compiling 3 procedures.

ORA-39082: Object type ALTER_PROCEDURE:"<SCHEMA>"."<PROCEDURE_NAME>"
created with compilation warnings

Once the import is finished, I can simply recompile the 3 procs and all
is well.  But I am trying to figure why they fail compilation during the
import.  As best I can tell (which may not be so good), the similar
trait all 3 procedures have is that they use private synonyms in their
code.  MoS 793609.1 says that synonyms are imported before tables but
that shouldn't be problem.  To wit:

When the synonym is created it is valid even if the table for which is
created does not exist. If the table is created afterward, it will
become invalid.

And then:

The fact that the synonyms are invalid after import is not a problem as
they will be automatically validated  when they will be next called.

Of course, the recompilation takes place technically before the import
is completed and I wonder if that's the issue.

I don't think this is bug 5581731 because my source database is not a
multibyte character set (nor is the target database for that matter).

This is simply a minor inconvenience but I am trying to figure it out.

Any/all ideas/tips/pointers are welcome.

Thanks,
-joe

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be
confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this
message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers,
LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for
viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no
liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.