Re: data pump

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jo <jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 07:48:42 -0400

Oh yes, as Nigel said, if you create a proper delimited file, you can
create independent sqlloader control files, you can fire them off in
parallel. Much much better than individual insert statements. Use direct
path option and load even faster.
If you want to add data transformation while loading raw data? see if you
can use external table interface. For large files, split them (i use unix
split command), and then use parallel option.

If you are loading into an empty db, it might make sense to drop indexes,
disable constraints and after load add indexes and re-enable constraints.
and dont forget stats :)

Raj