Re: data pump

  • From: Ryan January <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jose.soares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:03:37 -0500

I'm not certain of what platform you're on, however you may be running
into a case sensitivity issue with your environment variables.  For
example, on Linux it appears only the upper case NLS_DATE_FORMAT env
variable is utilized.

[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ echo $NLS_DATE_FORMAT

[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ echo $nls_date_format

[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ export nls_date_format='yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss'
[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ echo $nls_date_format
yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss

[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on Fri Apr 5 09:55:54 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2008, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> select sysdate from dual;

SYSDATE
------------------
05-APR-13

SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release
11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production
[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ export NLS_DATE_FORMAT='yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss'
[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$ sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on Fri Apr 5 09:56:27 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2008, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production

SQL> select sysdate from dual;

SYSDATE
20130405 09:56:35

[rjjanuary@oracle1 log]$