RE: cut an alertlog record?

  • From: "Khanna, Prem" <prem.khanna@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:21:50 +0530

Hi ,

You want to print timestamp to alert log .... Am I right ? If yes :

If you want to write a message to the alert log, you can use the

undocumented KSDWRT procedure of the DBMS_SYSTEM package.

This procedure has two parameters, the first one must be "2" to write to

the alert file, the second one is the message you want to write.

Here is an example:

execute sys.dbms_system.ksdwrt(2,to_char(sysdate)|| ' -- ');

Where the first parameter indicates the destination:

1 - Write to trace file.
2 - Write to alertlog.
3 - Write to both.

Regards,