Re: cursor_sharing - similar vs force

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:22:32 +0300

I think that your comment id right on the nail, for in house applications.
The problem is with bought packages where you can not make changes.
I this case cursor sharing makes sense.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Kerry Osborne wrote:
In general, though I think of cursor_sharing as a bandaid that should be used only in very severe cases. For example, many systems have a large percentage of work concentrated in relatively few statements. So it's usually possible to make a significant difference by implementing bind variables in just a few statements, thus buying time while a more widespread rework of the application is undertaken.