RE: cursor_sharing - similar vs force

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'kylelf@xxxxxxxxx'" <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:03:43 -0500

Wouldn't FORCE include the SAME problems as SIMILAR?

I was always under the impression that the flow was EXACT->SIMILAR->FORCE, so
that SIMILAR behaves a "little" like FORCE but not quite as aggressive.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.