Re: cursor: pin S wait on X

  • From: Steve Adams <steve.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 04:51:44 +1000

Hi Charles,

The mutex structures are just a latching and memory optimization. The concurrency concepts have not changed, nor have the reasons for taking an X pin. The most common match for this behaviour would be reloading a shared cursor that had been invalidated.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/         - For DBAs
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/  - For all

Schultz, Charles wrote:
No, but thanks for asking. The "mega-slowness" is a completely different
issue, for which I am still befuddled.

This mutex problem is something new in a test db for 10.2.0.2 (hence,
your link to Tanel's note was helpful in that regards). Still trying to
figure out how we arrived at 30 processes waiting on this mutex pin.