Re: cursor: pin S wait on X

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>, sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:19:56 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jonathan,Deepak, charles

  I will also work on it with Support and currently will see if FALSE will work
with it

  Thanks
  Sanjay

Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We have 2 SRs currently open for this same issue, and
ever since we set the param to FALSE, we haven't seen
the issue repeat (so, yes it's mutex related). We saw
a case where 1 session blocks another, we have also
seen this happening with parallel process, where
parent and child get locked on each other.

5737552.993 - SESSION WAITING VERY LONG ON 'LATCH:
LIBRARY CACHE'
5703409.993 - SESSION HANGS DUE TO WAITS ASSOCIATED
WITH ENQ: PS - CONTENTION

HTH,
Deepak

http://mail.yahoo.com