Re: cursor: pin S - mutex Wait - in Benchmark

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:17:04 -0800

I just love the gmail keyboard shortcuts ;)

Please ignore the previous message,It was incomplete .

Sorry.. the message was data partitioning has major impact (or advantage) in
RAC with the new remastering  algorithms and ASSM (L2) bitmaps have instance
affinity. Both of the features are RAC aware..

-Gopal

On 11/16/06, K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vivek,

Data Partitions can have much bigger impact on performance in  RAC as
starting from 10g  we do the mastering ( and dynamic remastering) at segment
level.  Also the L2 bitmaps have instance affinity which also helps the
local node to grow (or access) the local L1 bitmap blocks.

Just see whether the local objects are mastered in the local node, or you
can manually master th

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan