Re: cross platform 10g(hp) to 11g(linux)...

  • From: max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 06:48:58 -0500

From what I understand that can be done but it is Oracle support saying
that is not possible but I question that because I have already migrated at
11 G database on HP to Linux 11204. In this case the only difference is
the source is 10 G

On Tuesday, July 7, 2015, Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx> wrote:

I haven’t tried such a cross-platform migration.

My reading of the note is that the source database needs to be 10.2 and
above. In your case, the source is HP-UX 10.2.0.4

The preferred destination is 11.2.0.4. Your destination is Linux 11.2.0.4

Where does it indicate that your HP-UX database should be 11.2.0.4 ?

Hemant K Chitale

*From:* oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');> [mailto:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx