Re: cross platform 10g(hp) to 11g(linux)...

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 06:07:05 +0800

Not supported, but I'd certainly raise a request with Oracle Support.
They'll be able to tell you if its not-supported-but-possible or
not-supported-impossible

My *suspicion* is that its the ability to convert an *incremental* that
might be the stumbling block.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 2:14 AM, max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello List,

I have a real easy question for you guys, can we use Cross platform
transportable table to migrate from HP to Linux and also at the same time
go from 10g to 11g?

So hpux (10.2.0.4) to Linux (11.2.0.4) ???

To be more specific i am following the below doc...

Reduce Transportable Tablespace Downtime using Cross Platform Incremental
Backup (Doc ID 1389592.1)

From what i understand i can but if we need the HP database to be 11.2.0.4
that is not possible as we are hp pa risc system and 11.2.0.4 is supported
on itanium and not pa risc.

--
Connor McDonald

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room."
- Jayne Howard

*Fine print: Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily that of my
employer*