RE: create user with existing password

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 20:58:13 +0000

I will add that the dbms_metadata package can also be used to generate the
create user statements and has the potential advantage if you work with an
environment where some of the users are OS authenticated or are Globally
authenticated that it will generate valid create user statements where the
posted SQL appears to be designed for users with passwords only.

From:        P D <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        create user with existing password