Re: create a view with parallel hint

  • From: "Tony Adolph" <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:54:56 +1300

Hi Paul,

Unless I've misunderstood, I wont be able to do this as the hint is
added when the view is used as apposed to being *in* the view.  E.g.

Create view v1 as
select blar blar from my_table t;

Then the global hint...

select /*+ full(v1.t) parallel(v1.t) */  *
from tab1, tab2, v1;

But the problem I posted is that I can't add hints to my *top level*
query (in Crystal reports).
If I could, I would just add the hints to there.

Tony