Re: create a second (physical) standby from an existing standby

  • From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gcunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:51:43 -0400

Jerry,
Creating standby database and archive data will be transport from standby
to standby is called "*Cascaded Standby databases*".
Note that, Cascading cannot be used prior to 11.2.0.2, However you are in
11.2.0.3 :)
Also Data Guard broker is also not supported.

You can refer below documents to configure
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14072_01/server.112/e10700/cascade_appx.htm

From my repository i can see MOS Note: Cascaded standby databases [*ID
409013.1*] but unfortunately i cannot able to see that document now,
Something wrong.

And you can perform refresh from Standby to Standby duplicate, There is no
need to connect only Production/Primary database (or) simply you can
perform RMAN usual restore also after taking backup from standby.

Hop this Helps.
Best Regards,
Nassyam Basha,
www.oracle-ckpt.com