RE: cpu costing while in development

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:56:21 -0400

If I understand what you are asking, after a 'near-death' performance =
problems in our transactional environment, we just bought an expensive =
load testing tool, Mercury Load Runner, that purportedly will emulate a =
500 hundred concurrent user environment.  I like the idea.  I'm not sure =
about any performance predictions that could be without some basis for =
replicating the environment:  In our case an identical RAC test system =
connected to this Load Runner tool. Anything that stints on the number =
of users or software/hardware environment will probably be off the mark. =
=20