Re: count of recs in table from dictionary

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:08:42 -0600

Real nice, but totally irrelevant. The OP clearly stated "I do not have select access to actual table"

At 09:54 AM 10/15/2005, Chirag DBA wrote:

We often need to produce record counts of the particular schema.

Create this procedure, change it as per yr requirements.
right now I am inserting rowcounts in a table with timestamp.

Regards - Chirag
On 10/14/05, Dennis Williams <<mailto:oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Manoj,

> > I do not have select access to actual table.
> Analyze the table, query dba_tables.num_rows.

If you don't want to analyze the table as Dimitre suggests, you can
check the LAST_ANALYZED column on either dba_tables or all_tables to
see when the table was last analyzed and you can decided if the
information is recent enough for your purposes.
  Although, if the table owner doesn't want to give you select
access, then you are probably out of luck in any case.

Dennis Williams
--
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Regards