Re: converting from non-rac to rac performance issue

  • From: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:50:04 -0500

Hi,

It's a good practice to reevaluate (read increase) SGA/buffer cache size
when database got moved from filesystem to ASM. In case of filesystem you
had implicit advantage of filesystem cache, on ASM it mostly direct access,
so you have to allocate more memory for Oracle buffer cache to mitigate
cache misses.

--romas