RE: connect from windows

  • From: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:39:10 +0000

Windows is the same as unix for using sqlplus to connect.

From the Windows box just do:

Sqlplus> connect user/pass@MYDATABASE

Just make sure that @MYDATABASE is either registered in LDAP or in your
TNSNAMES.ora and that those files are in the correct spot on your Windows box.
(As well as sqlnet.ora and ldap.ora if using ldap)

When you are saying:

I set the SID and enter

Sqlplus /nolog

SQL>connect  /as sysdba

It sounds like you are trying to connect to something locally which is
confusing because you asked to connect from windows to unix.