Re: connect / as sysdba

  • From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle.tutorials@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:27:15 -0600

*PREREQUISITE *

   - This only applies to Oracle on MS Windows based systems
   - Must be part of the Oracle DBA group on the server

 *PROCEDURE*

 1. make sure your part of the ORA_DBA user group on the server

 2. check the sqlnet.ora file that it shows the following:

 a. in explorer goto D:\oracle\ora9i\network\admin

b. edit sqlnet.ora to show the following entry

i. SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

 3. log off the server and log back in

 4. from command line set oracle instance variables

 a. D:\>SET ORACLE_SID=GDWP

b. D:\>SET ORACLE_HOME=D:\ORACLE\ORA9I

 5. from command D:\>sqlplusw /nolog

 6. from SQL> command line: connect / as sysdba

--
Bryan Wells
bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx